All notable changes to Grond are documented in this file.
The format is based on Keep a Changelog.
- Always request that traces should be demeaned before restitution (default has
changed from Pyrocko v2020.10.08 to v2020.10.26).
- Added optional keyword for
Parameters, defaults to
RectangularSource now has a
- Possibility to select different GF stores for different sensor depth
intervals in a single target group with StationDepthStoreIDSelector.
- Export complete modelling results and fit characteristics with
grond harvest --export-fits.
- Corrected handling of band codes in
grondown script in the examples: In the
FDSN query arguments for
channel the band codes were mistakenly inserted as
instrument code (
?H?,?B?,?S? instead of
- Possibility to filter runs in report open dialog.
grond go utilises
--threads arguments for various tasks.
- InSAR plots improved, now plotting 'best' and 'mean' // Improvements
grond export, it is now possible to suppress exporting events with
combined location uncertainty below a given threshold.
- Support offset coordinates in station and event inputs.
.running in rundir during inverion. Fixes timeout for monitor.
- Support develop mode installation.
- Satellite Plots: added draped surface displacements onto topography.
- Satellite Plots: added more control through PlotConfig.
- Satellite Plots: added cyclic radians plots.
- Option to switch between showing filtered or processed waveforms in
- Fix search in HTML report.
could not attach to grond environment.
- Fixes various plotting issues.
- Improvements in documentation, examples and defaults.
- Improvents to error and log messages.
satellite.plot degree axis offset and close-up scaling for point sources.
- Improved event/pick association.
- Can now run target balancing with a fixed magnitude (reference event) for
automatic removal of stations providing unreasonably large misfits
- Add possibility to export only results from runs matching given criteria.
At the moment, it is possible to select by rundir tag (
grond export --selection).
- Corrected time window calculation in
- Plots not using
- Allow controlling number of threads in
grond report with
- Default number of threads used in
grond go and
grond report is now 1.
Setting both together,
--threads, to values higher than 1
may currently cause hangs.
- Improved control on threading utilization.
grond report and
grond plot location_mt which were broken in
- Added Covariance weighting from
- Added new Volume source (VLVD).
- Added SVG as
grond plot export format.
- Consistent utilisation of
ModelHistory for plots and results.
MTLocationPlot supports Gamma scaling (misfit^gamma).
SatelliteTarget speeds up bootstrapping by multi-threading.
Envronment can be initialised from
grondown downloading seismic wave forms.
- Waveform targets: switch to change to acceleration / velocity fitting.
- Waveform targets: include / exclude stations by pattern on target-group
- Option to export list of stations used in one or more setups (
grond check --save-stations-used=<filename>).
- Can now handle GNSS stations lacking complete set of component orientations.
- Noise analyser: added possibility to except stations with high S/N ratio from
removal due to high pre-event noise.
- Improved unit tests.
- Report archive generation can now be skipped via command line flag or report
- CMT problem: can now switch between different source time functions.
- Added workaround switch for
"cannot project traces with displaced sampling"
- Transparent event loading and checking.
- Noise analyser: target groups are now handled independently. Each group now
uses its own threshold in weeding mode.
- Improved error handling (
grond check, instrument responses,
- Only exclude waveform targets when
distance_min constraint is given in
- Improved method chapter in documentation.
- Waveform fit plots: fix crashes while plotting results from joint inversions.
- Satellite fit plots: fix bug in source outline drawing
- Waveform targets: fixed handling of channel epochs from StationXML for
- Station plots: fixed problems with empty target groups.
- No more MPL warnings 'too many open figures' when creating sequence plots;
the plots are now created one by one.
- Report: fix dsiplay issue with inaccessible elements in left navigation.
- Fixed crash when
starting_point setting in highscore optimiser is set to
- Bug in volume point source plot causing crashes.
- New VolumePointProblem to optimise magmatic and volcanic processes.
- New problem config sections in
- Documentation of problems configurations are now centralised at
- Output of
grond init list.
- Bug in GNSSMisfitTarget.
- Plotting in GNSS plotting functions.
- Highscore optimiser logging output
- Satellite plot: Setting geographical aspect ratio for LatLon data
- GNSS Plotting function
- Cluster analysis on result ensemble with
- Plotting of cluster analysis results in
- User can now add self-defined labels to a run dir (
grond tag). The labels
are shown in the report list.
- The optimiser's acceptance and choice history is now dumped and plotted.
- Added station distribution plot for seismic and GNSS stations.
- Installation instructions for Anaconda and pip.
grond init to deliver examples and commented snippets.
- Plots appearing in report can now be customized in a configuration file.
- Whether reference solutions are shown in plots can be configured in the
report's plot config.
grond plot now has a
--show option to display MPL plots interactively.
contributions: show cumulative contributions for targets providing
- Optimiser can now be configured to yield exactly reproducible results by
providing seed values for all random number generators involved.
fits_waveform: layout as single plot figures by
- Plot descriptions and titles improved.
- Reports can now be viewed in IE.
- Improved consistency of log messages.
- Fix display issues in waveform plots (partially hidden labels).
- Various improvements on the documentation.
- Improved robustness of report generation during