A virtual box image for the moment tensor exercises at the International Training Courses on Seismology and Seismic Hazard Assessment
This repos is an attempt to automatize part of the setup and configuration of the VM.
As a base box we need a .ova with a minimal system with
- Make VM disk image large enough, e.g. growable to 30 GB.
- Set RAM to about 4 GB, allow it to use 2 processor cores.
- Current Debian minimal install, no desktop env (this time used Debian 11 because Virtualbox guest additions were not yet ready for Debian 12).
- Install sudo
- Add user
- Install sshd
itc_admin.pub >> /home/itc/.ssh/authorized_keys
- Install vbox guest additions!
- Remove guest additions ISO before exporting the ova.